Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sunday Nite Poetry Chill & Thrill!




This was our 1st Poetry Nite @ the Avant Garde 2434!  Met some new people, heard some new voices, got inspired!  I made soup for the 1st one, and Diane made some hot soup for the 2nd one.  Looks like this is gonna be a regular Sunday nite gig!  Yay!

At the last one, we all read a Pablo Neruda poem, and some of us read our own poems inspired by the great poet.  I sent everyone home with a 10-word Vintage Slang poetry challenge.  Next Sunday is gonna be the berries!  :)

When I posted the event on FB I used a photo of Mae West with a quote of hers:  "Ten men waiting for me at the door?  Send one of them home,  I'm tired." haha!  I love her!  I started reading about her, and was fascinated by some of things that I learned about her!  Read this from start to finish, you'll be a fan, if not already:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mae_west

No comments:

Post a Comment