Monday, October 18, 2010

Calling all Poets & Poetry LOVERS!

Ok ya'all!  I said in the beginning, I want the Avant Garde 2434 to be a gathering spot for artists, musicians, writers and those who take great pleasure in the arts!  Our gloomy winter season is around the corner, and I would like to get that Poetry group started!  We need to have something fun to look forward to--every week?  Bi-weekly?  (I just wanted to say Bi) Whether you want to read or rap your lines, doesn't matter!  Style doesn't matter!  Size does if it's TOO LONG!  haha (well, we can break it down to digestible size!)  Bein' silly here, but on that note...your words can be funny, dramatic, child rhymes, or adult content!  Of course no kiddos allowed for this though.  You can read them, sing them, or give them that slam.  You can read your own poems, or those of your favorite poet.  Free spirits welcome here!

QUESTION?  When's the best meeting time for you?  a weekend evening?

As long as it doesn't coincide with Red Lotus Gallery's Poetry Open Mic Nite!  Not sure of their regular schedule yet, but I believe it will be the 1st Saturday eve of each month.  Red Lotus is new gallery in Muskegon where some of my art is rockin the walls!

I'll make snacks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment