Wednesday, May 26, 2010

French Room

Love, Love, Love my French Room!!!!!  

I call my patio the French Room because it feels nostalgic.  I am reminded of my French mother & grandmother who both loved to plant flowers...I gained my appreciation for flowers through them, and how to create a space of peace and tranquility.  The bistro tables make it feel more quaint! 

I LOVE the SUMMER!  It feels so good to be able to sit outside, look at and smell the flowers, and watch the hummingbirds!  I used a product by Behr to seal/weatherproof my deck after my neighbor power washed it, it has a natural tint to it.  Doesn't it look great!  I hope the weather stays good for my party on Memorial Day so that people can linger outside!  Later in the summer the arbor over the bench will be filled with flowers--I'm hoping Moonflowers!--but there will at least be Morning Glories!  Lots of herbs for people to chew on, smell, and cook with!  Edible flowers too!  The herbs I have are:  Rosemary, Sage, Parsley, French lavender, and Chocolate Mint!  < Mickey has taken a few nibbles of that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment