Saturday, April 3, 2010

Art with a Heart! Charities I care about

I have been workin like feen on my website.  It hasn't been radically updated for over 3 years.  I'm close to having it complete.  Now, people will be able to purchase directly through the website using Pay Pal.  Also, the program I'm using makes it easier to add Meta Tags/Keywords to help my website pop up in more searches.  As intended at The Avant-Garde @ 2434 where I will showcase my art and host fundraising benefits, I am giving 50% of the sale price online to charities as well.  I've started a list of charities for people to select from, or they can select a charity of their choice and supply me with the necessary information.


Here's a few I care about:

World Wildlife Fund
protect our environment, plants and animals

ASPCA
take a stand against animal cruelty

Humane Society
prevent animal cruelty and neglect

Mel Trotter Ministries
help the hungry, hurting and homeless in West Michigan

Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. *I'm a survivor!

Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Make a difference in the fight against breast cancer! *I'm a survivor!

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
Cure type 1 diabetes and its complications

Save the Children
Create positive change for children in the USA and around the world including Darfur & Haiti

VDAY
stop violence again women and girls in the USA and around the world

Matthew Shepard Foundation
Replace hate with understanding, compassion and acceptance

No comments:

Post a Comment