Sunday, April 25, 2010

Challenge, Growth, Recovery, Reincarnation


Now that I have my studio room cleaned up, I pulled out 4 paintings I began last fall during my radiation treatments.  I worked on them yesterday and today.  I believe I'm finished with the second one "Growth".  The one titled "Challenge" has been a challenge, because it's a wacked out color palette I'm using.  But, it represents stress, so it's meant to be and appear a bit stressed.  I'm not sure how I'll complete it or the other two.  I'll look at them again tomorrow and apply more paint.  :)

I'm going to be displaying/selling my paintings at Eastern Floral @ 818 Butterworth St SW, Grand Rapids, MI.  50% of all sales will be donated to charity!  My good friend Amy McKay set up this arrangement for me, because she works there.  They renovated an old warehouse and it's a very cool atmosphere with lots of wall space perfect for my large abstract paintings!  

I don't know if I'll keep the white, black & red theme for my first party here or not, since a few of the pieces I was going to include here for that will now be going to Eastern Floral.  I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment