Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Challenge

What's in a name?  makes you wonder.  The first painting of this group has been a challenge and is on my nerves!  I added more paint, but it still doesn't look/feel right, and maybe it won't until someone else connects with it.  I had that happen with a Big Wood I painted a while back titled "keeping me in the dark".  I painted that on the balcony of my former apartment at Aspen Lakes on Knapp, which overlooked the large pond.  I painted in the dark!  The next day when I looked at it, I thought "eek!"  It looked like Freddy Kruger had ran his claws across it!  It looked a bit dark and creepy to me.  I thought for sure I was going to add more paint and cheer it up some.  Then friends came over and loved it "as is", so I left it at their suggestion.  Later, one of my customers from Clipperz (where I used to work and display my art), saw it on my website and wanted to see it in person.  She loved it!  But it gets better...I learned from her that her wedding reception was held at Aspen Lake Apartments, and that later she found out that the man she married was gay--so he was keeping her in the dark!  See...things happen for a reason.  And that painting, though I didn't know it as I was creating it, was made for her.  I love it when these types of connections transpire.

So...Challenge.  Hmmm...Are we there yet?

< Keeping Me in the Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment